This driving school operate under the trading name "Driving Rochdale".
All Instructors/Trainers have met Driving Standards Agency (DSA) approval to provide, for reward, professional driving tuition. By puchasing such tuition you will be entering into a
contract with Driving Rochdale under which the following terms and conditions apply. This contract has been provided to ensure a high level of service and to protect the interests of
- All tuition provided by Driving Rochdale will comply with DVSA guidelines, following an approved syllabus (see webpage "lessons", "practical driving lessons".
- The Driving Instructor will ensure full compliance with The Highway Code, will dress appropriatley and maintain a polite, respectful and professional manner towards you, and other road
- The use of mobile phones, either by you or the Driving Instructor is strictly prohibited during lessons, except in an emergency.
- Neither you or the Driving Instructor are permitted to smoke during driving lessons.
- The Driving Instructor should not make or attempt to make any physical contact with you, except in exceptional circumstances where it is necessary to maintain safe and legal control of the
- Neither you or the Driving Instructor are permitted to undertake tuition under the influence of alcohol or drugs. If you are suspected of this, the Driving Instructor reserves the right to
immediatley end the lesson and request you to leave the vehicle. You will still be charged for the agreed lesson time. If you suspect any ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) operating
under Driving Rochdale to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol you should abandon your lesson immediatley and report the relevant ADI using the contact details provided.
- The vehicle used for your tuition will be kept in a safe, roadworthy and reasonably clean and tidy condition at all times.
- The normal pick up and drop off point for your practical training will be the home address provided or a location pre-agreed with the Driving Instructor. Requests to be picked up or dropped
off at multiple locations can have an adverse affect on both the tuition provided and your Driving Instructors schedule. Therefore these requests should be kept to a minimum and ideally
avoided. Should pick up or drop off points be outside the Driving Instructors planned lesson location or normal areas of work the Driving Instructor reserves the right to charge for additional
time used or to reduce booked lesson time accordingly.
- Payments for all lessons must be made in advance. Following your consultation lesson, should you wish to book further tuition payment must be made prior to agreeing the next date(s).
This payment will act as a deposit should you break the 24 hour notice rule in 11. Current rates will be agreed at the time of booking.
- Your Driving Instructor must be notified of any cancellations to lessons within 24 hours of the agreed lesson time. Failure to inform the Driving Instructor within this time period may
result in any pre-paid tuition fees being kept to cover cancellation costs. Your driving instructor will attend the agreed pick up location at the specified date and time so far as is
reasonably possible. Any cancellations made by Driving Rochdale will be kept to an absolute minimum and where possible 24 hours notice given. In the event of a cancellation
being required, for example due to adverse weather conditions, your lesson will be re-arranged for a mutually convenient time/date.
- A written copy of this agreement can be provided to you at the commencement of your training should you request one. The Driving Instructor will also discuss your additional training needs
at your consultation lesson and supply you with further learning materials (books, CD-ROMs, DVDs etc). These learning materials are on loan to you unless purchased and must be returned, in good
condition at the end of your training programme.
- Driving Rochdale promotes equality and diversity, and as such will not discriminate against anyone on the grounds of sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, race,
colour of skin or persons with disabilities or difficulties. Driving Rochdale endeavours to accomodate all potential pupils where reasonably practicable. Driving
Rochdale also complies with all legislation relating to the Data Protection Act, and will not pass any personal details held to third parties.
- Commitment To Quality - Should you, as a valued customer wish to express an opinion, be it compliment, suggestion or complaint at any time, please speak in the first instance with your ADI.
Should your situation not be resolved, please communicate in writing to Mr David Clough, 20 Walmsley Avenue, Littleborough, Lancashire, OL15 0DZ, or email firstname.lastname@example.org